Decorating with Red!
Fortunately, there are many creative ways in which you can spice up your décor with red’s ebullient energy without feeling overwhelmed.
Red is present in pinks, corals, mauves and violets. If you can’t picture yourself in a red bedroom, how about one painted in dreamy pink cadillac (2002-70)—a romantic, soft pink.
Red for Small Rooms
A rich, bold red can give a modest powder room or entryway stately elegance. The secret is to balance a strong colour like red with a soft neutral. For bathrooms, we recommend our mildew-resistant Aura® Bath and Spa paint to ensure the durability of any colour you choose.
Flashes of Red
- Create a focal point or define a space with a red accent wall. Try million dollar red (2003-10) for a taste of vibrant eye candy
- Add playful touches of red in unexpected places like stair risers, the interior of a bookcase or china cabinet, or the legs of a table
- Paint selected pieces of furniture red to bring a fresh element to a room
- Paint red stripes in different shades and widths on a plain wall
- Paint your floor red
The Great (Red) Outdoors
- Depending upon the color scheme of your exterior, consider painting your front door red.
- Give a mailbox the rustic treatment by distressing it and painting it merlot red (2006-10).
- Wood decks, siding, porch floors, planters and outdoor furniture can be stained in luscious red hues with our Arborcoat®solid or semi solid exterior stains.