Here are 7 tips to make your painting projects go smoother and faster while giving you a professional-looking finish that you’ll be proud of. If you plan to tackle the job yourself, you’ll need to ensure you start with thorough paint preparation. Repainting is a fantastic way to boost how your home feels and breathes new life into your home. As the saying goes, if you fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
You can always count on our staff to help you choose the right paint and finish for your next project.
- Choose your colour and the proper paint finish for each room.
- Clean walls. Remove dust, dirt, and grease spots (which can ruin a smooth finish) with water and TSP or a little mild dish washing detergent, and a cellulose sponge.
- Tape the trim, window, and door frames.
- Prime the walls.
- Brush where you can’t roll.
- Roll the walls and use the W technique.
- Paint the trim.