These are the 2 paint colours we used for the project, first paint the wall in CC-514 Hiking Trail by Benjamin Moore in the Aura Matte finish. We would recommend waiting 12 hours after painting the wall in the base coat, before taping. Then tape off the ceiling, window trim and baseboards.
- Start off by using your level and then mark off intervals of 6″ and 5″ (we mix and matched them for a more rustic feel). Tape off the wood panels along the level lines.
- Then using a plastic container mix HC-71 Hasbrouck Brown by Benjamin Moore we used the Aura Matte finish, with a little bit of water. This ratio is up to you, whatever you feel comfortable with.
- Using a 2″ flat brush dip in in the paint mixture and dab it with a cloth to make the brush a little more dry.
- Brush in horizontal strokes and layer as much as your would like (see photo below).
- We recommend doing every other panel of wood.
- When the panels are dry, go back and fill in the ones in between with the same technique.
- You may want to add a latex clear coat to finish it off, we decided to leave it flat so it looked more rustic.
Click here to see before and after photos.